Want to use dance to make a difference? Join a team that will support you in becoming your best!
Inspiración Dance Chicago (IDC) is looking for experienced dancers to join our company Perform.ance Team. Qualified applicants will have a strong background in salsa and mambo, experience with lifts and tricks, as well as performance experience.
Consider some of the benefits of joining IDC:
- No membership fees
- Free training and choreography from national champions and performers (previous collaborations with salsa national champions Abel Peña, Uriel Garcia, and Vera Rowe; ballroom champion Gregory Day; and Chicago’s own Ensemble Español).
- No costume expenses (all costumes company sponsosred)
- No registration expenses for performing and training at salsa congresses, plus a stipend to reduce dancer travel costs.
- Paid performances opportunities across the Chicagoland area throughout the year
- Opportunities to teach in our youth programs at the high school and college level
- The opportunity to use Latin dance to make a real difference in the community
Qualified dancers must be able to attend choreography intensive workshops on September 27 and October 11th from 3:30 to 7:30, to learn two pieces from its current performance repertoire. Upon successfully learning both of these pieces applicants will have the opportunity to join the IDC Performance Team for a four month period as associate members.
Associate members will then join the team’s regular rehearsals on Monday and Wednesdays from 7:15-9:15 at 5900 North Glenwood Avenue. With strong rehearsal attendance, improvement in technique, performance development, and positive relationships with fellow team members, associates will become full members of the Performance Team.
Applicants should send email to firstname.lastname@example.org including a photo and a list of previous training and dance experience.