Help us spread the word.... IDC is looking for advanced salsa/mambo dancers to join our next performance season. This is your opportunity to train, perform and compete with IDC, under the direction of Christopher Manning, featuring brand new competition choreography by multi-champion Angel Martinez starting in November. Dancers must commit to weekly Mon & Wed evening rehearsals. Auditions will be held on:
Sunday October 23 2016 at 11:15AM - Dovetail Studios (2853 W Montrose Ave, Chicago, IL 60618)
Inspiración is a diverse Latin dance company that offers many benefits to its members including:
- NO monthly membership dues!
- Professional dance training. We work with you to develop technique and style to get you ready for performance, competition, teaching and social dancing.
- Travel, performance, and competition. We perform at numerous events around the city, as well as several major dance congresses throughout the year.
- Stipends. We strive to subsidize costs associated with dancing such as costuming, travel and other expenses through our fundraising efforts.
- Opportunities for paid performance and teaching gigs.
- Personal growth. We’re not just a dance group; we also offer opportunities to work with youth programming, fundraising, teaching, marketing, events and other areas.
- Nonprofit mission. As a 501©3 organization, we engage in various community outreach programs.
Qualified candidates should have:
- advanced salsa/mambo technique
- previous performance experience
- must be athletic and fit (strength, flexibility and stamina)
- experience with lifts/acrobatics preferred
- must be available to attend regular rehearsals Mon & Wed 7-9pm at Senn High School
Interested candidates should RSVP by sending their dance resumes and previous performance videos to email@example.com by Oct 19th. Auditions will consist of conditioning/stretching and a short salsa/mambo sequence. No partner necessary. Please bring dance shoes. There is NO audition fee.
Note: while there are no monthlymembership fees, all new members are required to pay a one-time fee of $80 to offset training hours with hired choreographer.
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org